My handler told me that I won't be able to see you again so I asked him to write you this goodbye message. He said that when people get very old, their bodies stop working so they can't eat or run or play. I'm sorry that we won't be able to play any more, and I'm sorry to have grown up so fast - I know you love to hold babies.
You were one of the first to come visit me at the hospital when I was born, and my MH said that you were the most frequent visitor to BLIOTD. He said that you must have waited up at night for new pictures because often right after he posted them, you would reply before he had a chance to shut off the computer.
We went to visit Grampa this weekend and he looked a bit lost without you. Don't worry, we'll go up often to visit and keep him company. He had more digger toys to play with and he made his famous french fries for me for lunch - they were amazing.

While we were at Grampa's, the digital picture frame was still running as if you were still watching from your chair. I don't understand why you would rather watch 800 pictures of me over and over than cartoons on Treehouse, but I'm glad that it made you happy. I like to think that you are now watching me, Thomas Patrick, and the rest of the family all of the time.
Finally, thank you for doing such a great job of raising my Mom, Aunties Suzy, Patti, Nancy, Jean, and Uncle John.
Love,
Liam
Peace man, that's a beautiful letter. JD
ReplyDeleteDear Liam & Handlers
ReplyDeleteA very touching, beautiful tribute to your Grandma. I know you will miss her, but will always have many memories of your special times together. We know she loved you very much. We love you too and are looking forward to seeing you soon.
Oma and Opa
A very touching letter. Makes me think about my Omas and how much I love them.
ReplyDeleteKarl